Careers | Content SpecialistCreating both written and visual content using the persona of many clients
Client Marketing Manager
Typically 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday (Evenings or weekends may be required occasionally depending on events)
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, a health insurance stipend, three weeks paid time off after the initial onboarding period, nine paid holidays, a retirement plan with company contribution, and a phone stipend. Add to that a flexible work location, fresh produce from our on-site garden, and pretty much any beverage or snacks you want while working at the Eyedart office.
July 12, 2021
Eyedart seeks a highly creative and analytical individual to coordinate and develop digital content on behalf of our varied clients. This position includes content creation in many formats — social media content, blogging, website text, email marketing, and advertising copy.
To thrive at Eyedart, you’ll need to be highly organized, a committed learner, and possess a deep understanding of digital marketing principles. Most importantly, you must be an active listener able to synthesize information and create compelling content in various formats with tight deadlines.
The Content Specialist creates both written and visual content using the persona of many clients. Content Specialists must be able to learn and emulate the persona of various brands. Success in this position requires a bundle of creativity and enthusiasm coupled with strong organizational skills.
As a Content Specialist, you will research and define target audiences for specific clients, develop content, manage the publishing process, engage audiences in conversations, and monitor content metrics.
Supporting each Content Specialist is the Client Content Manager and the Eyedart Creative Team. The team includes an art director, designers, photographer, writer/editor, and video content producers.
- Art Director guides visual implementation and brand strategy.
- Graphic Designer provides visual brand development and branded graphics.
- A photographer takes or edits photos.
- Writer/Editor writes blogs and proofs copy.
- Content Specialists create, schedule, and monitor content and ads in Sprout Social and Google Platforms.
- Web Designer maintains websites and oversees site SEO.
- Video content producer provides video content.
- Market Research. Research content keywords, hashtags, competitors, and personas to ensure that content is relevant and appealing.
- Strategic Planning. Work with the Client, Client Marketing Manager, and Creative Team to ideate and define content goals. Develop content strategies to reach the desired target audience effectively and reach marketing goals.
- Coordinate. Work with the creative team to ensure the timely delivery of assignments.
- Write. Create written content for a variety of platforms, including blogs, websites, email, and social media. Must be able to write creatively in different voices to reflect a client’s persona. Proofread and edit content before publishing.
- Editorial Calendar. Manage content calendars and ensure that all content is developed and published on time.
- Community Management. Establish, maintain, and monitor daily activity on multiple social media accounts. Nurture online conversations in the voice of each client. Review, respond, engage, and encourage participation + support to elicit brand advocacy for clients.
- Address and Manage Online Conflict. Identify problem areas on behalf of clients. Notify and engage clients as necessary for crisis communication.
- Photos/Videos. Content managers may produce both written and visual content. For example, you may create TikTok videos or Instagram Stories, etc. Having a working knowledge of the principles of basic photography and videography is an asset.
- SEO/SEM. Ensure that SEO and SMO strategies are effectively implemented. Track consumer and content analytics and generate reports for monthly presentations.
- Digital Advertising. Work with the Client Marketing Manager to develop an optimized digital ad strategy. Create and purchase digital ads on behalf of clients. Monitor ads to ensure they run as scheduled and the desired media message is seen/heard by consumers. Prepare reports, including estimates for clients and spending updates throughout the campaign. Monitor campaign effectiveness and be prepared to change course if a chosen strategy is not working as planned. Use collected data to inform future campaigns.
- Self-Educate. Keep up to date with content trends, consumer preferences, and advancements in technology.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The Content Specialist will likely have a bachelor’s degree and two (2) to four (4) years of experience in creative writing, marketing, public relations, journalism, or new media—preferably in an agency environment. They must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading, and have expert knowledge of social networking channels for business.
Certification in SEO, SEM, PPC, Digital Marketing, Content Marketing, and Social Media Management is preferred. (You must maintain these certifications throughout your employment. Additional CE may be required.)
Ideal candidates will demonstrate a baseline understanding of the principles of marketing, advertising, and design.
- Investment. You exhibit genuine interest in our clients and your colleagues. You care about their success and want to play a vital role in advancing their business and capabilities.
- Initiative. An innate sense of urgency motivates you to work independently and collaboratively as needed, avoiding procrastination.
- Organization. You have to be highly organized. Mistakes on social media can have severe consequences for our clients. Accuracy and attention to detail – on even the most tedious tasks – are essential.
- Preparation. You show up prepared, with adequate research and understanding to serve clients and colleagues.
- Writing. You must possess excellent writing skills.
- Curious Learner. You seek out learning and education opportunities to keep pace with the industry.
- Competitive Spirit. Advancing business objectives requires a drive to improve and outperform competitors.
This job description is neither comprehensive nor exclusive to the tasks that may apply to this position. Eyedart is a changing and evolving organization, and applicants must be willing to adapt to these changes.
Eyedart provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Working at Eyedart
Eyedart has a wide variety of clients in multiple industries. Every day introduces new opportunities for problem-solving, and we believe in solving for YES. Without question, our colleagues care deeply about the communities in which they live and want to contribute to its enhancement. Eyedart is a very flat organization where everyone pitches in to get the job done.