Careers | Client Marketing ManagerThe central point of contact between clients and Eyedart Creative Studio
Client Marketing Manager (“CMM”)
Gina Leichty and Ben Stutzman, Company Owners
$45,000 – $60,000 depending on experience and qualifications
Typically 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday (Evenings or weekends may be required occasionally depending on events)
We offer a competitive salary based on experience, a health insurance stipend, three weeks paid time off after the initial onboarding period, nine paid holidays, a retirement plan with company contribution, and a phone stipend. Add to that a flexible work location, fresh produce from our on-site garden, and pretty much any beverage or snacks you want while working at the Eyedart office
July 12, 2021
A Client Marketing Manager is the central point of contact between clients and Eyedart Creative Studio. Our clients rely on us to handle their marketing needs from A-Z. In most cases, Eyedart serves as an outsourced marketing department for our clients. The CMM fills the role of a part-time Marketing Manager on behalf of a group of those clients.
CMMs do everything from interfacing with the client regularly to helping develop the overall strategy to executing the supporting tactics. The CMM role requires a blend of knowledge and skills across the entire advertising and marketing process.
The Client Marketing Manager is responsible for many things: client relationships, brand development, strategic planning, content marketing, digital marketing, copywriting and editing, facilitating brainstorming with the creative team, social media management, planning and buying media, and organizing video or photography sessions.
Successful CMMs possess a commitment to continuous learning: reinforcing best practices while staying ahead of the curve of new strategies and tactics in an ever-changing marketing environment.
As the CMM, you will serve as the liaison between the client and Eyedart, contributing content and coordinating deliverables with the creative team, ensuring that all project components are delivered on time and within budget. You will develop successful strategic plans, execute effective tactics with the creative team, analyze relevant results, and advance client goals.
Two things determine your performance: 1) your ability to develop and grow positive relationships with a group of varied clients, and 2) your ability to successfully manage and coordinate deliverables for the client in cooperation with the creative team.
Backing each CMM are the company owners and the Eyedart Creative Team.
The company owners provide ongoing support with their deep connections and knowledge of all clients. Initially, the owners will work alongside you to develop the client’s creative strategy and make recommendations for client needs. Ultimately, you will gain autonomy and self-sufficiency as your understanding of the client deepens.
Beyond the company owners, you have access to a broader support network.
- Art Director guides visual implementation and brand strategy.
- Graphic Designer provides visual brand development and branded graphics.
- A photographer takes or edits photos.
- Writer/Editor writes blogs and proofs copy.
- Content Specialists create, schedule, and monitor content and ads in Sprout Social and Google Platforms.
- Web Designer maintains websites and oversees site SEO.
- Video content producer provides video content.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations, or a related field.
Two (2) to four (4) years minimum experience in a marketing position where you have been executing much of the responsibilities of the CMM, ideally in a management role. You don’t have to have experience in absolutely everything listed. Part of our commitment to you is to teach and share so that you grow. You will learn a lot from your colleagues. We have some very seasoned marketers who enjoy collaborating and working to deliver the best products possible.
Current Certification in SEO, SEM, PPC, Digital Marketing, Content Marketing, and Social Media Management is required. Education or training in strategic planning is preferred. (You must maintain these certifications throughout your employment. Additional CE may be required, as well.)
Ideal candidates will come to the role with a strong background in developing and implementing strategic marketing plans in a team environment.
- Investment. You exhibit genuine interest in our clients and your colleagues. You care about their success and want to play a vital role in advancing their business and capabilities.
- Systems Thinker. You must see and interpret situations from a high level, understanding how the components integrate. You can see and synthesize overall structures, patterns, and cycles, not just specific events in the system.
- Active Listener. You need to ask questions, listen carefully, and elicit vital feedback and meaningful conversation.
- Initiative. An innate sense of urgency motivates you to lead projects to fruition. You will often lead meetings, initiatives, and projects that need someone to take point.
- Organization. You have to be highly organized. It is mandatory to utilize our project management and communication software properly.
- Preparation. You show up prepared, with adequate research and understanding to serve clients and colleagues.
- Writing. You must possess excellent writing skills.
- Curious Learner. You seek out learning and education opportunities to keep pace with the industry.
- Teacher. The role requires you to equip others with knowledge and skills, training them to do and improve upon various tasks.
- Competitive Spirit. Advancing business objectives requires a drive to improve and outperform competitors.
This job description is neither comprehensive nor exclusive to the tasks that may apply to this position. Eyedart is a changing and evolving organization, and applicants must be willing to adapt to these changes.
Eyedart provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Working at Eyedart
Eyedart has a wide variety of clients in multiple industries. Every day introduces new opportunities for problem-solving, and we believe in solving for YES. Without question, our colleagues care deeply about the communities in which they live and want to contribute to its enhancement. Eyedart is a very flat organization where everyone pitches in to get the job done.